Client Since: 2005
Client Type: Higher Education
Contract Type: Full Service
Project: Comprehensive energy management including procurement of and budgeting for electricity, natural gas, heating oil and propane.
CES has been under retainer with Bowdoin College since 2005, during which time CES’s scope of services has expanded from managing the procurement of electricity, natural gas, propane, oil and biofuels to include:
- Assistance with drafting and updating Bowdoin’s plan to achieve carbon neutrality in accordance with the College’s commitment to the American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment
- Calculation of annual greenhouse gas inventory
- Procurement and contract assistance with Renewable Energy Credits from local hydroelectric and wind power generators
- Evaluation of onsite combined heat and power
- Feasibility analysis of various energy projects
- Negotiations of utility tariff and interconnection agreement
- Notification of Demand Response opportunities to reduce forward capacity market related electricity costs
CES’s relationship with Bowdoin College demonstrates the full scope of services that CES provides. Full service customers can receive not only procurement management, but also a broad range of energy services including greenhouse gas emissions tracking and reduction strategies, alternative energy sources evaluation, assistance with energy conservation, and exploration of other opportunities that would reduce the College’s impact on the environment.