Competitive Energy Services, LLC (CES) is an established energy services firm that advises the commercial, industrial, institutional and non-profit sectors in procuring electricity, natural gas, propane, residual oil, heating oil, biofuels and green power supply. In addition to providing procurement options, CES offers a broad variety of strategic energy management services such as budgeting and forecasting, risk assessment and management, cogeneration and renewable energy generation feasibility studies, fuel conversion analyses, utility tariff negotiations, demand response analyses and carbon footprint reduction.
Initial responsibilities include the following:
- Modeling of gas and electric consumption and utility rate tariffs.
- Forecasting customer budgets and preparing energy use projections.
- Reviewing utility and supplier invoices.
- Energy bid administration as needed.
- Creation and management of spreadsheets with market pricing and customer usage data.
- Assistance in evaluation of energy markets and preparation of weekly client newsletter.
- Assisting in fuel-switching analysis.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of fuel arbitrage strategies.
- Preparation of reports, presentations and other client deliverables.
- Acting as a point of contact for clients and competitive energy suppliers.
- Greenhouse gas accounting and sustainability planning.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, engineering, math, computer science, economics, or other technical undergraduate programs.
- Energy industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Programming and database management is a plus.
- Creative and analytical thinker with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with flexibility.
Please send cover letter and résumé in PDF format to Lynn Gallagher at email@example.com.