Competitive Energy Services, LLC (CES), a dynamic and growing company, is seeking a Marketing Specialist to join our team. The Marketing Department is responsible for all aspects of marketing and communications for the company. This position requires knowledge of or background in marketing, graphic design, social media, web design, email marketing and content creation practices. The successful candidate will be organized, enthusiastic, possess a willingness to learn and have a great attitude while juggling a variety of assignments.
This is an entry level position with opportunities for growth and development.
Initial responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate all tradeshows, sponsorships, memberships, and monthly meetings. Research and recommend new events, giveaways, and promotions. Manage inventory, assemble materials pre-show, and record expenses. Strategize to improve procedures and ROI.
- Manage social media presence including development and execution of weekly posting schedule, content creation, analytics, and user engagement.
- Assist in creation and review/editing of content for a variety of marketing initiatives and platforms including proposals, email marketing, and presentations.
- Manage regular content updates of company Squarespace website and blog.
- Maintain departmental content, image, and template libraries.
- Provide technical writing, editing and proofreading support for materials written by others in the company, including for client meetings, seminars, presentations, and white papers.
- Support the Associate Marketing Manager and other company departments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, English, Communications, or a related field.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive and self-directed worker comfortable working both alone and in team settings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent writing skills including editing and proofreading, and production of both technical and casual content.
- Enthusiasm for research.
- Proficiency with major social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest), and understanding of best practices for business.
- Beginner to intermediate experience with graphic design in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat).
- Photography, videography, and photo/video editing skills.
- Familiarity with basic web design/development, including HTML/CSS, SEO, Google Analytics, and Squarespace.
- Email marketing experience with Constant Contact, MailChimp, ZOHO Campaigns, or an equivalent platform.
- Energy industry experience a plus, but not required.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a simple design/photography portfolio (if applicable) in PDF format. No phone inquiries, please.
CES is an established energy services firm that advises the commercial, industrial, institutional, and non-profit sectors in procuring electricity, natural gas, propane, residual oil, heating oil, biofuels and green power supply. In addition to providing procurement options, CES offers a broad variety of strategic energy management services such as budgeting and forecasting, risk assessment and management, cogeneration and renewable energy generation feasibility studies, fuel conversion analyses, demand response analyses, and carbon footprint reduction.